iPad - App Store search not working?

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by mikethebigo, Jul 9, 2014.

1. mikethebigo macrumors 68000

Hi, just wondering if anyone else was experiencing this bug or if it's just me and my iPad needs a reset. I am currently unable to search for music in the iTunes store or apps in the App Store. When I type my search in, I go to a loading page which then ends with just a blank white screen. The rest of the store works fine. Anyone else experiencing this?

Thanks

2. HarryT macrumors 6502

HarryT

Same here. It might be due to OTA update. Not sure whether to restore yet.

3. mikethebigo thread starter macrumors 68000

I did a DFU restore, no luck. Once or twice instead of a blank screen I got a 404 error. I think the problem may be on Apple's end.

4. natewsmith79 macrumors newbie

iTunes Store Search

Yeah I've had problems on and off since Beta 1. The only thing that I do to get it working and it takes a while and is frustrating..

Open App Store and click on the bottom to change from Featured - Top Charts - etc. When I click on Search Mostly I see the Featured Section.

So what I do is Kill the App and and I have to do that a few times to get it to work.. I hope they fix it..

5. mikethebigo thread starter macrumors 68000

Hmm... I've tried the things you've mentioned and not once have I had success getting search results. Does anyone else have any ideas?

6. BrettDS macrumors 65816

I ran into this today on my retina iPad mini. I couldn't get any search to work in the App Store. What I finally wound up doing was going to safari and googling the app I wanted. The iTunes link near the top of the search results opens in the App Store and from there I could download the app I wanted. Kind of kludgy, but it worked.

7. mikethebigo thread starter macrumors 68000