iPad app to organize/run various media by category

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by MacGeekAZ, Dec 9, 2011.

1. MacGeekAZ macrumors member

My husband is looking for an app for the iPads his salespeople use in the field. They have various media (videos, pdfs, etc.). He'd like a way to organize the media by topic (product line), so that a salesman can quickly access the videos, pdfs, etc. related to the products he's discussing with the client. Then the app should be able to run each type of media. Does anything like this exist?

Thanks,
    Wendi

2. ClientFile macrumors newbie

There will be . . . very soon.

I'm the developer of ClientFile - it will do just what you're describing. It uses Dropbox to sync to the iPad and will access all media types from within the app. PDF reader & annotation, audio, video, photos, etc.

Expected release within 2 weeks.

www.clientfile.com

3. MacGeekAZ thread starter macrumors member

Great! I told my husband about it. Can he get in touch with you through your website?

4. ClientFile macrumors newbie

Absolutely. The website is live now - app not quite in the market yet, but soon . . .

5. HengenJL macrumors 6502a

HengenJL

I personally will recommend looking at the Goodreader app. Ability to create folders and sub-folders, can annotate PDFs, create notes, view photos and videos. Dropbox, SugarSync, Box.net integration for file access. Note that to view videos they have to be converted first and this is true with the great majority of apps available.

ClientFile, your app does look interesting but is it really going to be $49.99 like it states of your webpage? If so why should I spend $50 when Goodreader which costs $5 for the nearly the same functionality?

6. Mdifilm macrumors regular

I was wondering the same on the price as well