iPad App Wish List

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by ryanzec, May 26, 2010.

1. ryanzec macrumors member

What apps do you wish existed for the iPad that either currently don't exist or don't have good versions available yet?

2. kaelell macrumors 6502

Imagine an app where you could have your Ipad as an extension of your keyboard as a controler for games, mmorpg's etc
    It would connect to your pc/mac and could be mapped to mimick keyboard bindings.
    There would have customisable buttons, you could label these as you wish, maybe you want a line of 8 buttons to select 8 different weaopans, all labelled appropriately, maybe even a customisale ui or skin.

thats what I want! then I can play star trek online and feel like a proper geek :p

3. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

put a camera on your car, and it drives the car when you tilt the ipad lol

4. dstunbound macrumors member

There's two things I want right now:

1. Streaming my itunes library over 3g to my iPad. I have a terrabyte of music at home and would love to be able to stream it on the road.

2. A remote access app that is simple to use and allows me to control my home macbook from the road. It needs to have audio functionality as well. It seems like there's a lot of good ones, but none do everything I want.

That's what I got so far.

5. djinn macrumors 68000

djinn

I know my wife wouldn't mind having iWeb on her ipad. Thats all she uses her macbook for really. I did leave some feedback on Apples site.

6. kholinar macrumors newbie

It's not a native app, but the Subsonic music server has a couple of iphone apps available. Requires a donation to get the yourname.subsonic.com and purchase of either iSub or Z-Subsonic (both $4.99) and a little setup time, but I've been thrilled with it.

It was pretty upsetting when Simplify Media went down/was acquired by google, but i've actually been happier with Subsonic.

7. bravenewmac macrumors member

all the apple iphone apps in hd please …*idisk, remote etc.

8. Pushkar macrumors 6502a

An App that can do my homework and exams for me. :cool:

9. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

thats pretty cool! thanks for that! i would like to stream music as well. :) i sure hope they bring out an ipad model!

i think there are a few RDP applications that support VNC as well that might be able to do that. i dont know names though :(

10. Liquorpuki macrumors 68020

Liquorpuki

An app that can view CAD files (IE .dgn or .dwg) and use iTunes to drop files onto the iPad. Then I wouldn't have to carry around a roll of engineering prints everytime I go out to the field.

A robust database program - like Bento but programmable

Official iPad apps for Twitter, Facebook, Mint, and Navigon

Korg Kaossilator for iPad... Youtube the Kaossilator if you have no idea what I'm talking about

11. orlandocano macrumors regular

12. topmounter macrumors 68020

topmounter

wifi sync ffs... why is that so hard? My ZuneHD does it.

13. uraniumwilly macrumors 6502

A scrapbook app with very elaborate customization that can be transferred to a mac and back.

14. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

true! a camera would be nice to add to the scrap book on the fly :rolleyes:

15. capacle macrumors newbie

Scribble IM

An IM or chat app based on handwriting...

It would be like going back to school and exchanging notes with friends...

Is there anytnhig like that yet?

16. WickedStealthy macrumors member

Something like Filebrowser but supporting SMBv2, AFP and NFS. Current version uses still the old SMB implementation and therefor rather limited in speed.

A simple way to share your files between apps.

An iTunes app that would be supported by a local iTunes server version where music, videos, apps etc can be synced, streamed without having to connect to a MAc or PC.

17. Sanveann macrumors 6502

Sanveann

Ditto this. My desktop computer is in my basement "office," and I rarely go down there except to sync my iPhone and iPad. (I hate to sync to the laptop, the computer I primarily use, because I'm worried more about theft and/or failure.)

18. g/love macrumors newbie

Autocad WS is a free app that opens .dwg files. Unfortunately files can only be uploaded from the autocad WS website. Buzz saw is also a free app that can read dwf. But you need to have access to a buzz saw website.