Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

derek4484

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 29, 2010
Hi,

I was wondering if there is an iPad application for marking up and commenting on pdf's. I'm an engineer and when I go to do an onsite inspection of the completed job I need to be able to mark off devices on the drawings. The way I do this now is with paper and different colored highlighters. I know I can get a tablet laptop and use Acrobat or Autodesk Design Review. I'd like to get an ipad since they are smaller and lighter than tablet laptops. Any suggestions on what app would be able to do what I need it to?

I've searched online for an app description and havent found one yet.

Thanks!

baummer

macrumors 65816
Jan 18, 2005
Southern California
Hi,

I was wondering if there is an iPad application for marking up and commenting on pdf's. I'm an engineer and when I go to do an onsite inspection of the completed job I need to be able to mark off devices on the drawings. The way I do this now is with paper and different colored highlighters. I know I can get a tablet laptop and use Acrobat or Autodesk Design Review. I'd like to get an ipad since they are smaller and lighter than tablet laptops. Any suggestions on what app would be able to do what I need it to?

I've searched online for an app description and havent found one yet.

Thanks!

GoodReader: http://itunes.apple.com/app/id363448914?mt=8

thompson11

macrumors member
Oct 12, 2009
Another vote for GoodReader. I tried Zen Viewer HD and got too irritated with its various quirks. GoodReader should have been included by default with the iPad.

guitardogcar

macrumors member
Mar 24, 2011
wisco
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F190 Safari/6533.18.5)

Yep, very adaptive software. Make sure to export correctly to see your markings.

Getting files on is intuitive, but still requires set up. Read support stuff for it. It will help make it as popular in your usage as it is for others. A great independent app.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.