iPAD application

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by str.str, Nov 2, 2011.

1. str.str macrumors newbie

Hi,

am new to iPAD Apps project.I was surfing in the internet and understood that iOS SDK,XCODE,Objective-C are the pre-requisites for developing ipad apps.

Is it a must for a developer to register in Apple website to develop iPAD apps? How the Database connectivity will be taken care in iPAD apps? How the iPAD apps will be deployed/installed in the iPAD device?

Could any one throw some light on this.

Anyhelp would be appreciated.

Thanks

2. jnoxx macrumors 65816

jnoxx

Apparently you haven't taken any look into the Docs.
    You need the IDE Xcode, you need an Apple Developer license, which costs you 99$ to BUILD on the iPad, and make a release BUILD for the AppStore.

Database connections are mostly taken care off, with local SQLite's, online Database, via Webservices.
    How it's all deployed/installed is all explained exactly on the website from apple and in the many books for iOS Development.

If you have a bit more specific questions, please come back, or maybe give a go at hiring a developer? :)

3. str.str thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi jnoxx,

Thanks for your clarifications.I have gone through documents in the iOS dev center website.am looking for the Webapps related info for iPAD. Could not get few info in the web.Hence requeting your help.

can a business web application which deals with lots of data/attachment/database operations/event be developed with sencha touch framework? Since Appstore/dev license is not required for sench application then how the deployed application in the production server can be accessed/executed from iPAD?

Thanks.

4. jnoxx macrumors 65816

jnoxx

You allways need a developer license to actually build on your iPad. Unless you have it jailbroken, which is not recommanded way to avoid the license payment.
    The Sencha Touch frameworks, well, I shouldn't be the one to answer to you about that, since I don't like any of those frameworks at all, and I do pure native.

What's best is to research alot more about what's best that will fit your needs, what you really want, what is your budget, your flow etc. before you can start doing any Business applications.
    Business applications are in my eyes, harder to set up then normal ones, all async calles, all your RESTservice parsing, making sure everything is connected real good, listening to the received data, displaying messages on the right moments, displaying the right messages at all.

So after all, you will still need to cough up 99$ to deplay on the iPad, unless it's an mobile website, which isn't called an app, so, i don't think that's what you want.

5. str.str thread starter macrumors newbie