Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shk718

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 26, 2007
i did a search for scrabble - and the iPad app shows up!!!! and its called scrabble for iPad - not scrabble HD

Rubey81

macrumors member
Dec 21, 2009
Will we be double charged now?

This is something I am wondering about.

I bought Scrabble for my iPhone and I use it to play games with friends all over the U.S.

Will I have to pay $10 again to put it on my iPad?

dwd3885

macrumors 68020
Dec 10, 2004

I bought Scrabble for my iPhone and I use it to play games with friends all over the U.S.

you aren't double charged as you say. You would be buying Scrabble on the iPad for $9.99. Nothing prevents you from playing the Scrabble that you already bought for your iPhone on your iPad.

AJsAWiz

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2007
Ohio

Don't have an answer but Scrabble looks great on the iPad!
Imagine using your iPhone as a tile rack . . . . cool!

The Scrabble app for iPad will work with the iPhone, displaying the players' letters on the iPhone screen.
In the New York Times's iPad review, David Pogue explains that the iPad edition of classic boardgame Scrabble will come with a free iPhone app called Tile Rack.
This app will allow players to view their letter tiles on their iPhone screen in private, rather than on the iPad screen.
Not only will it be possible to shuffle your letters around on the touchscreen, but you'll then be able to flick the tiles from your iPhone onto the board on the iPad screen.
Such a simple idea, yet so utterly brilliant. Hopefully this is the first of many such iPad-iPhone app interactions.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.