iPad Apps Struggling to connect to iMac

Discussion in 'iPad' started by BarelakedNadies, Nov 24, 2010.

1. BarelakedNadies macrumors newbie

Hi there.

My iPad seems to be having trouble connecting to my mac for apps that require it. I've tried it with Airfoil, Things, Remote (official Apple one) and now DisplayPad and none of them seem to work properly.

Zumocast works occasionaly.

iTeleport works every time.

Was just wondering if anyone could make any suggestions on how to fix this or even troubleshoot it 'cause it's very annoying.

2. Amazing Iceman macrumors 68040

Amazing Iceman

Try disabling your Mac's firewall and see what happens.
    Remote works for me. I haven't tested the other ones. In worse case scenario, the developers may need to update their apps to conform to any new API calls their app makes.

3. BarelakedNadies thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the suggestions.

No Firewall on (or at least Firewall is switched to off under Security in Settings).

I should add that this has been going on for a while. I thought the 4.2 update might address the problem but apparently it hasn't.

4. BarelakedNadies thread starter macrumors newbie

Apologies for double posting but for some reason the Remote app has just worked. Took a very long time (i actually left it and forgot about it) but it came up eventually and works.

I'm just wondering if this could be a problem with my router?

5. Amazing Iceman macrumors 68040

Amazing Iceman

Connectivity that happens inside your local network usually doesn't get affected by the router. If you have internet connectivity using your WLAN, then the problem could be on your computer.