iPad Apps that detect Jailbreak & Potential fix?

brayhite

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 21, 2010
N. Kentucky
Didn't see a thread so let me know if one exists, but I thought it'd be nice if we had an active list/discussion of all apps for iPad (and iPhone since those apps run on the iPad as well) that detect your jailbreak.

TWCable TV (existing thread here)
Optimum4iPad (existing thread here)
3DeeCentral (per ThHeartlessHero)
Skype (detects, but conflicting reports whether it functions or not (reportedly does not function on JB 4.3.3, per orfeas0, but works fine (unknown JB version) per porcupine8))
DirecTV (per dockingbay94, existing thread here
Capital One app (per twisted-pixel)

Post any and what issues they cause, if they still run or not, etc. Thanks!

Potential fix for errors:
Just came across this tweak that is suppose to help fix it. As I only use the TWCable app with FTW, I don't need it. May see if it bypasses 3DeeCentral in addition to everything else it says but I rarely use the app (The 3DeeSlide case for iPhone 4/S leaves a bit to be desired).

It's called xCon

http://modmyi.com/forums/apple-apps...601-xcon-patch-apps-jailbreak-protection.html

Although the latest version of the tweak appears to be on this repo

http://n00neimp0rtant.dyndns.org/repo/

Last edited:

porcupine8

macrumors 6502a
Mar 2, 2011
Skype detects it and will sometimes claim that it only runs on unmodified iOS, but then it runs just fine anyhow. I've never had an actual problem with it.

Dorkington

macrumors 6502a
Apr 5, 2010
Skype detects it and will sometimes claim that it only runs on unmodified iOS, but then it runs just fine anyhow. I've never had an actual problem with it.
I ran into this warning last night, but everything seemed to work fine for me as well. Strange. (though, not complaining)

number84

macrumors 6502
Mar 30, 2011
Skype has been detecting jailbreaks since iOS 3. But it never prevents you from using the app fully.

ThHeartlessHero

macrumors member
Jan 22, 2012

guffman

macrumors regular
Jan 11, 2006
Right now there doesn't seem to be a solution for the DirecTV side of things. Anyone have any ideas?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.