Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Grolsch30

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 25, 2007
Bergen, Germany
Hi,

I have finally had my 4th imac delivered which I will be keeping.

Having updated to the latest itunes software etc i connected my ipad to my new mac and it started synching all my photos etc

The problems i have are that the ipad apps will not synch over to my itunes everytime i try it says that if i synch i will lose all data on my ipad as it will synch from my new itunes library which obviously does not have anything ipad related on it.

Now before i received my 4th replacement i had successfully synched my ipad on the original imac which was delivered in November, does it have something to do with this?

My itunes account states that i have 3 pcs authorised to us my account whereby it really should only now be 1 the one that i have now.
The lady at apple said that all the macs will be reset so this should not be the issue no?

Any advice?

HLW

macrumors newbie
Aug 8, 2010
Have you tried in iTunes, File -> Transfer Purchases from iPad? You can have 5 computers authorised for iTunes so having three on there shouldn't matter.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.