iPad apps vs websites

Discussion in 'iPad' started by dflowerz, Mar 23, 2011.

1. dflowerz macrumors newbie

I've been deleting a lot of iPhone apps from my new iPad2 because they look so bad. So far there's no Facebook for the iPad and a lot of local news channels have not yet made iPad apps. I started using the Facebook app Friendly but then tried just going to the Facebook website and bookmarking that. Works fine. Same for the local news. There is enough screen area to make it work. I guess downside would be no cool iPad perks and no flash video. When iPad specific apps become available I will use them but until then the web pages work OK unlike on the iPhone where everything is too small to be easily usable.

2. andyblila macrumors 65816

andyblila

Is there a question, or is this just an observation?

3. Gregintosh macrumors 68000

I have noticed this as well. Apps for many places are unnecessary because the websites look just fine. Though I think well thought out apps could really enchance the experience, but if it's not done right it shouldn't be done at all.

4. kultschar macrumors 6502a

But facebook chat doesnt work on safari - no??

5. imutter macrumors 6502

imutter

same here was dissapointed in apps for iPad coming from years of iPhone :(
    And yes friendly is a bid confusing to me but just touch the facebook logo and your page flips to the Facebook website. I took a bunch of Apps off as well why would I wanna use iPhone size Apps on the iPad ???