iPad appstore question

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by avivon, Jan 3, 2011.

1. avivon macrumors newbie

Hi There,

I have designed an application which is a virtual keyboard containing 12 keys.
    By touching and dragging each key , a user can create all 26 letters of the Latin Alphabet.
    The application has a very basic graphic design. I would like to upload it to the iPad app store as a FREEWARE application.

Will I have any problems with Apple approving it? On what grounds can they deny the upload?

Thanx.

2. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148a Safari/6533.18.5)

So the whole purpose of the app is a variation on a keyboard?

3. (marc) macrumors 6502a

(marc)

There's no way to know, but to me, your app sounds fine.

4. PhoneyDeveloper macrumors 68030

PhoneyDeveloper

For better or worse Apple can refuse any app for any reason or for no reason. They have the power.

I guess the reason you're asking is because you wonder if they will consider the app useful and if they might reject it because they consider to not be useful. They have refused apps with the reason that they didn't feel the app was useful. They have refused apps with the reason that they said it duplicated existing functionality. The standards for the app store are not really published by Apple and it appears that they've changed over time.

In the end the only way to know for sure is to submit the app and see what happens.

I'm unclear on what the app does. Does it create text files or create text that is placed on the pasteboard or something else?

5. avivon thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the feedback.

The app creates text but the text is contained in a textbox within the app.
    Letters are created by combining graphic elements. ( in the same manner you combine puzzle pieces) I hope that the "puzzle aspect" of the app will make it something which doesn't duplicate existing functionality of the iPad's QWERTY keyboard.

It is just a demo but I will not label it as such since I understand Apple doesn't upload demos to the Appstore.

A.

6. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

If it's just a demo, why is it important to you to have it available on the App Store?