iPad Artist shuffle missing in IOS 5

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by sotie, Oct 16, 2011.

1. sotie macrumors 6502

Has anyone else noticed that with IOS 5 it's impossible to select an artist and 'shuffle' all songs by the artist? If you select an artist then select a song it will only shuffle songs within that same album.

I did a google search and other people have also noticed that this feature is now missing. I can't believe they took away such a common feature. :mad:

2. HengenJL macrumors 6502a

HengenJL

Apple has totally crippled the Music app for iPad. I have no idea how many times I've left feedback for various issues concerning the Music app. http://www.apple.com/feedback/

3. sotie thread starter macrumors 6502

Hopefully, if enough people complain they'll bring the shuffle artist feature back.

4. mig991 macrumors newbie

mig991

I can not figure out the shuffle feature at all, and it is driving me insane.

I create a playlist, play a song, hit the shuffle icon, and then the continuous play icon, but it still only plays two or three songs then stops. I have tried starting a song one in the playlist, the middle, then the bottom to see if something 'triggers' the shuffle. Forget shuffling it won't even play all the songs in the playlist. It is insane.

I have my music on all day at work, and it is real pain to have to keep going back to the Ipad to restart the Ipod. :mad:

5. ggogins macrumors newbie

Well a work around is to just make a playlist on your device with all the artist albums...simple enough I guess