iPad iPad as a gaming platform -- some questions

Discussion in 'iPad' started by bking1000, Feb 3, 2014.

1. bking1000 macrumors 6502a

I put this in the gaming forum, but they suggested I would get better answers here, so here goes:

Due to a neck injury, I can't really play my iPad for games anymore. Too much bending my head forward puts strain on my vertebrae disks. I have to keep my head up.

But there are some games on there I'd like to keep playing.

I have a 24" Dell monitor hooked up to a 2009 MBP in my office. Is there a solution where I can add a bluetooth controller to my iPad and run the iPad to my monitor, either through my MBP or somehow standalone. I tried the small AppleTV when it first came out, and AirPlay was too laggy to be useful. I don't think my 2009 MBP supports airplay. Is there another solution?

Or maybe I just buy a game controller, and somehow mount my iPad up at eye level so I can look straight ahead?

2. s2mikey macrumors 68020

s2mikey

Not sure about the first option but the theory makes sense. If you get a game controller then yes, you can mount the iPad somehow so it's straight ahead for you.

3. andyw715 macrumors 6502a

4. charlituna macrumors G3

charlituna

Does the monitor have HDMI. If so get the digital av adapter to connect the iPad to it