iPad as a monitor?

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by daewang, Mar 15, 2012.

1. daewang macrumors newbie

I was wondering if anyone knew of a way to get the iPad to work as a functioning monitor. I've seen the apps that use wifi for a remote desktop or use the iPad as a second monitor, but since these relay the information over wifi, it's a little delayed. This would be functional, be it annoying, for most situations, but anytime I'd try to play a game, it'd probably cripple me. I was hoping there would be some way I could have a real-time display through a wired connection, is it possible?

Back-story: The connection to my screen in my Macbook is shot and blinks out at random intervals (and out of warranty) so I can't really rely on it for prolonged periods of time without wanting to smash it. I already have an iPad (1st one if that makes a difference) and was hoping that could work instead of buying a new monitor to mirror out onto.

Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks!

2. ckmoose macrumors newbie

I don't know if you can (first thought would be no), but that is a cool way of thinking outside the box.

3. daewang thread starter macrumors newbie

been doing more research and it seems the plug-in port doesn't have any video in functionality, so that might effectively kill my idea /: