All iPads iPad as comic viewer

Discussion in 'iPad' started by cwo, Jun 4, 2013.

1. cwo macrumors newbie

Hi there,

I just got an iPad Mini and want to use this as a comic book viewer at home. I've got a huge collection but is there any way to keep these comics on your home computer and remotely view them on the iPad? I know there are several options but it seems they all require you to upload the CBR files right on the iPad to view.

Some mentioned DropBox to view the files through? Any help is appreciated!

I know the iPad Mini screen is small but I already checked some on my iPad and happy with the screen!

Thanks again for any help!
    cwo

2. iMacFarlane macrumors 65816

iMacFarlane

I like "ComicBookLover". It's freeware, no ads. Simple navigation. Remembers where and what you were reading between sessions. Double tap to zoom, pan. Transfer comics from your computer over WiFi, or drag-n-drop to apps tab in iTunes. Also, it allows you to delete individual comics from the iPad when you're done reading.

3. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Upload your comic files to Dropbox, or Skydrive, or other such online storage/sync service with a corresponding iPad app. The iPad app lets you browse the files you have uploaded, and you select the one you want to read, do an "open in..." command (exact placement of that command varies with each app), then select your comic viewing app from the "open in" menu.

You can also use an app called FileBrowser to transfer files over wifi from your computer to your iPad -- they need to be on the same wifi network, though. (There is a remote access function, but I haven't managed to get it to work stably. If you can get it to work, though, that might be the best.)