Ipad as Photo Display Unit

Discussion in 'iPad' started by ZaSheR, May 1, 2012.

1. ZaSheR macrumors newbie

ZaSheR

First off I appreciate any advice, and you taking the time to read through this.

I own a Photography company that specializes in On Site Viewing and Sales of Event Photos. I am looking to expand my services to an on site location and being an apple guy I want to offer something that is intuitive and fresh.

Basically I take photos, hand card(s) off to assistant, they import into Lightroom, sort through photos while adding tags for the car or jersey number. This is used to sort by only the specific car # or parent looking to find their child. I then want the option to have batch of photos (with keywords embedded) dropped onto each of the iPads (4-5) and allow anyone to walk up to the iPads on display, type in their car number or jersey number and view their photos without having to say one word to our assistant until they are ready to buy.

I am wondering if there is already an app or a way to link several iPads (4-5) to a single iMac or MBP for easy dumping of large amount of photos. Also, if there is a way to limit the access to viewing only, no sharing, e-mailing, etc. Just a view app that can search by Keywords.

Once again any help is appreciated.

2. poloponies macrumors 68030

Haven't used it myself, but it seems to support keyword search:

http://www.sortshots.com/

3. ZaSheR thread starter macrumors newbie

ZaSheR

Thanks for the reply. I downloaded this app this morning, it's close to what I am looking for but doesn't have customizing features for limiting the options of sharing, editing, moving, etc of files within the app. I sent the company a note seeing if they are willing to make some changes, we'll see.

In the meantime, if anyone else has any additional ideas / suggestions, I would appreciate hearing them.