iPad ipad as sketchbook, your opinions?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by rowspaxe, Dec 1, 2013.

1. rowspaxe macrumors 68000

rowspaxe

Like most ipad artists, I have all but given up on apple ever implementing an active digitizer on the ipad. While there is a plethora of ipad stylus's now--all share the same crude capacitative implementation. I like the adonit jot--the clear tip at least allows me to see what I want to do, even if it is not up to the task

Yet I have not yet made the leap to an android implementation: it seems over complicated and kitschy. I have resigned my self to using my mini as as simple concept pad. I bought a (now) fingerless glove to eliminate palm issues. I use sketchbook pro and 53's paper--two of many great apps in the apple ecosystem. And in the end--its pretty good... for what it is.

If samsung simplifies the software souffle that is "touch wiz"--I might give it a shot. Or maybe will wacom will rescale their android companion. But for now I am sticking with the ipad

2. mpantone macrumors 6502

3. AntnyMikal macrumors regular

I use SBP mainly and some other apps occasionally. I just bought the Intuos Creative Stylus a few days ago and I love it. Even using a regular stylus I got pretty good results.
    Honestly there is a small trade off with any medium you choose, I can do things with ipad I can't really do with paper- at least not as fast or clean and vice versa. Things I can do with computer tablets vs ipad vs paper vs my airbrush, I just put the time in to use each the best that I can.
    You'll have to do what works for you or find a way to make it work for you.

4. YodasMaster macrumors member

I bought the Intuos Creative Stylus and it works incredibly well. I normally work in Copics so the large tip doesn't bother me. I use to use Sketchbook Pro but I've recently been using Procreate.

5. AntnyMikal macrumors regular

The intuos creative is awesome. It picks up the lightest of my strokes, I'm still tinkering with all my brush settings in SBP and adjusting them to the new stylus. It was well worth the 99$. The nib is the only downside with most stylus but the nib on it is still smaller than all the other nibs on other stylus I have. I also airbrush so the nib doesn't really bother me as I just kind of know where the stroke and line is, kind of an educated guess process, after a while you get fairly good at it.

Does procreate have a community? Like SBP and Autodesk, there's Flickr and FB communities where people share art, brush set ups, walk throughs, and contest etc. you can even get custom brush sets, patterns and other things for different versions of these apps/programs.