iPad as the ultimate school/study companion.

Discussion in 'iPad' started by JReynolds, Apr 24, 2010.

1. JReynolds macrumors 6502

I recently bought my iPad and have been looking for apps to make myself more productive. I use it to study and edit PDFs mostly.

So far I've bought and downloaded iAnnotate and SundryNotes. Now I'm looking for a good flashcard app. Know of any?

Any other useful apps to make studying and accomplishing simple school/work related tasks possible please post....

Thanks

2. nsorrelle macrumors member

As a student, I'm torn between SmartNote and Sundry Notes. Both have their merits. I wish the developers would come together and combine their efforts.

I use GoodReader for my PDFs, which is a great program for it. If you're going into medicine, Anatomy Lite is a fun little program to help you memorize parts of the human body. There are language dictionaries, if you're studying languages.

Other than that, I haven't checked out any other education Apps.

3. shakeman0 macrumors 6502a

shakeman0

If you have a Mac, Mental Case is a great flashcard app. I don't know if they have a special iPad version yet, but I have used it to memorize a ton of definitions.

4. JReynolds thread starter macrumors 6502

Thank u very much I'll give it a try.

5. jdulak macrumors newbie

gFlash+

I found gFlash+ to be an excellent flashcard solution. It's not iPad ready yet but you can use your Facebook account to access it. It also takes your flashcards and makes them into multiple choice tests.

6. zukernik macrumors regular

I have tried tons of flashcards apps on my iPhone and the best one by far was called 'iFlipr'. I don't know if the developer has any plan to make an iPad version though.

7. OGDaniel macrumors 6502a

OGDaniel

I haven't tried SmartNotes yet but i really like how Sundry notes is. I'm still kind of getting used to it though.

8. aaron580 macrumors member

Lol i use pages for notes i downloaded saundry and not really got sround to try it yet. Penultimate also really helps for writing things down i love it. Get goodreader for reading your pdfs and such to its a must have be cause it does so much.

Posted from my iPad