iPad at TJ Maxx

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by tfrees, Nov 18, 2010.

1. tfrees macrumors member

Hello,

I was shopping at Tj Maxx today and saw that they carry ipads. The 16 gb wifi model was priced at $399. Is this a reliable source to buy an iPad? There is a piece of paper on it that says it cannot be returned if opened.

Thanks.

2. Simonkey75 macrumors newbie

Simonkey75

Well, the price seems awfully low, for starters. Plus the piece of paper is a bit dubious - what if you open the box and the iPad is broken, for heavens sake? You can't return it?!

TJ Maxx may be a legit iPad source, I don't know (over here in the UK, they're pretty much just a clothes shop for discontinued catalogue lines), but if it feels iffy, even at that price it's a lot of money to take a chance.

3. ellsworth macrumors 6502a

Go back to the front Page of Macrumors and read what's going on... Totally Legit!

4. Simonkey75 macrumors newbie

Simonkey75

Yeah, that will teach me to go straight to the forum without checking the news first :D

5. Saturdays macrumors member

Saturdays

great deal imo, makes a great gift and cheaper than a laptop but has the same pezzazz to it. (maybe more)

6. PoisonScorpion macrumors member

Called up the local TJ Maxx and I was told it was only east coast. The young lady apparently got a lot of calls about it and knew exactly what I was going to ask.