iPad autoloading apps

Discussion in 'iPad' started by FortWorthMac, Mar 10, 2012.

1. FortWorthMac macrumors 6502a

Hello,

I have my iPad setting to NOT install new apps automatically, however the are continuing to auto-load. I've checked and rechecked the setting and yet it continues.

To clarify, the apps loading are the one's I've installed on my iPhone. They get "pushed" to the iPad.
    Something I'm missing?

Thanks

2. ukwildcat macrumors 6502

Weird. Hadn't heard that before. Are you set up to wifi sync with iTunes? And if so, is the box checked in the apps panel of the iPad that says to automatically download new purchases? That's all I can think of.

3. FortWorthMac thread starter macrumors 6502a

Okay.....

Riddle me this Joker....... I may be a little confused (there's a shocker).

On my iPad, in Settings|Store|Automatic Downloads Apps is set to "off". But in iTunes (set to sync by WiFi) Automatically Sync New Apps IS Checked. I assume this is the offending setting, but why, if it's set to OFF on my iPad are they still being synced? Should I guess both be set to OFF?

Thanks for the reply.
    David

4. ukwildcat macrumors 6502

I think, and I'm guessing, that it's just 2 different ways apps and such are synced. iCloud syncing and iTunes syncing. Seems redundant, but like I said, just guessing. Did unchecking the box in iTunes solve the problem?