iPad Automatically Updating All Apps

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Hwangman, Sep 19, 2013.

1. Hwangman macrumors newbie

I've owned my iPad (4th gen) for a few months and my App Store settings have "automatic downloads" disabled. Never had an issue before, and I always received notifications that I had apps needing updates.

This morning, I had 13 apps with updates (all for iOS7 compatibility), but my iPad is on iOS6 so I figured I'd wait to update.

I just "woke up" the iPad and now none of the notifications are showing, and my Update page says that all apps are up to date. What could be causing this?

2. Aspasia macrumors 65816

Halfway between the Equator and North Pole
    I had the same thing happen yesterday on both my iPad 2 and iPodT5 (both still on iOS 6.1.3) and got the same notice.

When I checked one of the apps - which I have no intention of ever updating - it had not changed at all.

Later on in the day, the updates reappeared. I think the App Store is having a few burps given all the traffic.

3. Hwangman thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks, that's good to know. I hope that's all it is. I'll check one of the apps that was pending an update and see if it changed the version at all.