iPad Baby Monitor

Discussion in 'iPad' started by luram210, Jun 9, 2010.

1. luram210 macrumors newbie

are there any baby monitors that i can use with my ipad or iphone. i have been looking for a system that work with the iphone but havent found. is it best to make my own system and view it. can someone help me find a low cost and easy solution. thanks

2. Shymcfly macrumors member

http://www.codegoo.com/page/baby-monitor Google is your friend.... But yeah there are a few out there the one I linked to is by codegoo and cost $4.99 basically it listens for noise and calls the number you set when it's set off

3. bunger macrumors 6502

I use a wireless camera from Axis and just view the feed through Safari... Works great!

4. barkomatic macrumors 68040

I think you'd be better off with a regular baby monitor from Walmart or something. Relatively cheap and actually designed for that purpose.

5. colmaclean macrumors 68000

colmaclean

In some situations, something that can work over wifi or the phone network is an advantage.

The other week, we were staying in a hotel and had to spend the night in our suite as the baby monitor wouldn't connect in the bar. :eek: ;)

6. cmalinowski macrumors newbie

You could have just asked that nice lady in the thigh-high boots and fishnet stockings on the street corner to babysit :D

7. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Left your baby in a hotel room so you could go to the bar? That is pretty pathetic.:mad: Why not just have some drinks delivered to your room?

8. colmaclean macrumors 68000

colmaclean

Plenty of hotels provide baby monitoring services for pathetic parents like me. Anyway, we ended up in the suite having a few drinks. So chill, baby.

9. NextStepBaby macrumors newbie

iPad Baby Monitor

In case you did want to setup an iPad or iPhone to monitor the little one you can look into the NextStepIP system here: http://www.nextstepbabymonitors.com/video-baby-monitors/iphone-video-baby-monitor.htm

We are finally able to now offer sound in addition to full video on all Apple Devices. We also have an HD version of the app for iPad to take advantage of the larger screen.

- Adam

10. Sanveann macrumors 6502

Sanveann

I have to admit, my jaw hit the floor when I read that. Doesn't anyone remember Madeleine McCann?

11. NickFL2011 macrumors newbie

I'd definitely recommend a dedicated audio only baby monitor system as well as you're not going to want to leave your phone/iPad on all the time or overnight.

In addition to that I just went to a local store and picked up a wireless IP camera (I think a Trendnet) and put in the nursery. From there you can use any number of IP camera apps available for iOS. I use IP cam viewer and it works well.

12. AppleGoddess macrumors 6502a

AppleGoddess

Yes, did they ever find her?

13. Sanveann macrumors 6502

Sanveann

No, sadly. :(