iPad back protection

Discussion in 'iPad' started by gravytrain84, Mar 12, 2011.

1. gravytrain84 macrumors 6502a

gravytrain84

I really like the smart cover but as we all know, no back protection at all. What would be the best way to prevent the aluminum backside from getting scratched up?

2. carlyinoz macrumors member

*If* I get an iPad 2 (read if I sell my iPad 1 first!) I'm going to get a "sock" type case for it ... something like a foofbag, although I'll try to find something with a zipper or closure of some sort.

3. gravytrain84 thread starter macrumors 6502a

gravytrain84

I already bought the incase sleeve for when I'm carrying it around but I want something to protect the back whenever I'm browsing and it's lying on the desk.

4. baronbuzby macrumors regular

baronbuzby

I'm going to buy a Gelaskin to protect the back

5. Mac.World macrumors 68000

Mac.World

Stealth Armor in Carbon Fiber. And this stuff doesn't look like a sticker with printed CF on it. It actually has depth and has a CF weave look, just like the real thing. Very neat stuff.

I like this because it doesn't add any weight or bulk, allows the use of the magnetic smart cover and doesn't use a wet liquid to install it (uses a normal hair dryer on low setting to set. So no waiting days to use your iPad like with the liquid spray decals).
    And this is the same stuff used in auto racing to protect the fairings and fenders from chipping and cracking.

Link: http://www.fusionofideas.com/store/home.php

6. bunger macrumors 6502

I wonder if there will be any issues using this along with the smart cover?