Ipad = backpack Ipod??

Discussion in 'iPad' started by sumzero, Feb 3, 2010.

1. sumzero macrumors member

sumzero

I heard someone in class today talking about how they are going to sell their touch to get some cash to put towards the Ipad he said he will have some music on it and just have wires coming out of his back pack.

I really hope this doesn't become common place.

2. zemzabob macrumors regular

zemzabob

So why not just use the ipod that he already has in the exact same way and save some money?

3. sumzero thread starter macrumors member

sumzero

because there are other uses of the ipad. textbooks for one, especially with the news of publishers looking into apps to make textbooks even better.

4. FrankieTDouglas macrumors 65816

I'm still reminded of Steve Jobs' fake ipod announcement a few years back at the beginning of a keynote. I can't find references to it now, but he made a joke about rumor sites and revealed the new ginormous ipod model.

5. zemzabob macrumors regular

zemzabob

But you hope this doesn't come common place? The way you made it sound was as if he was going to sell the ipod just to put music on the ipad and have his earbuds coming out of the backpack for music, of course it would be a great product for students but thats not what you were saying.

6. egautreaux macrumors member

Someone find this NOW!

7. bozzykid macrumors 68020

It's too bad their iPad will probably last about a day before the screen cracks in their backpack. My guess is this is going to be the most common complaint when it is released. With a screen that size, any amount of direct force on it can cause it to easily crack. You are going to need some type of hard shell to keep it in a back pack.

8. RazHyena macrumors 6502a

RazHyena

Not to mention a backpack is the only place you'l be able to fit the damn thing.
    :confused:

9. lordhamster macrumors 6502

I'll be keeping mine in my "Murse", "Man-Bag", "Jack Bauer Bag" or Backpack. :)

10. sumzero thread starter macrumors member

sumzero

ya i hope someone using it as an ipod becomes common place, i was just telling you why he would do what you asked.

11. marksman macrumors 603

marksman

If you have an iPad why do you need a bookbag/backpack!

12. HappyDude20 macrumors 68020

HappyDude20

I remember for the iphone event he showed an old classic ipod with a rotary dialer...that got laughs.

13. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

I sure wouldn't be surprised if I saw dudes with their pads in their backpacks with earphones cables sticking out of it.

14. thejakill macrumors 6502

thejakill

How would you even know?

Why would you even care?