iPad battery % freezes

Discussion in 'iPad' started by swy05, Jun 9, 2010.

1. swy05 macrumors 6502

So I've run into this issue a couple of times.

The first time my percentage showed at 27% and I had been browsing the web for about 10 minutes and it still showed 27%. So I thought "That's odd, it should have dropped by now" another 10-15 minutes goes by and it's still at 27%.

I hit the sleep button and go and come back about 15 minutes later and I hit the home button to wake it up and see that it's dropped to 23%.

I took it to the genius bar and the guy did a battery diagnostic check and the only thing he could see was that the battery was running fine. 8 1/2 hours of usage with 22% of battery remaining. Nothing he could see wrong.

I tried doing a complete restore and then monitored the battery again. It hit 13% and the same thing happened again. The % wouldn't go down until I hit the sleep button. I came back a little later and it showed 8% when I woke it from sleep. And just now, the battery was "stuck" at 2% and I put it to sleep. When I came back to try to wake it up, the battery was dead.

I'm trying another complete drain and recharge but, kind of worrisome. Anyone run into the same issue?

2. leehal macrumors member

Mine (a replacement) seems to be stuck on 100%.