iPad battery in standby not as good as it was

Discussion in 'iPad' started by ks-man, Aug 10, 2010.

1. ks-man macrumors 6502a

I got the iPad on launch day and like everybody else was wowed by it's battery life. I now find that I'm losing 15-20% a day overnight even when it isn't in use. The battery during use still seems very good, but I'm now finding that I only get 3-4 days between charges vs. 7-10 days when I first got it despite no difference in usage. Is anybody else seeing this?

2. prot0type macrumors regular

I tend to see a loss of 2-3% after leaving it in sleep mode for 6hrs or so.

32gb wifi, no push notifications, hasn't been jb and I've probably had it for 2 months so far.

3. pelicanflip macrumors 6502a

Nope, my iPad just keeps going and going. Haven't had to recharge it in about a week now.

4. redbotsoftware macrumors regular

Did you get it jb'd? Background processes perhaps?

5. ks-man thread starter macrumors 6502a

Not jail broken. I have more apps on it but I don't see many push notifications. Could push be running stuff in the background? This is wi-fi only FYI.

6. poloponies macrumors 68030

I just returned from a long trip during which I was not consistently able to fully charge my iPad. Some days I only charged it to 25% or so, on other days a full charge. The discharge rate varied greatly because of this. The battery metering is not Swiss-watch accurate and it obviously depends on how you're using and charging the iPad. Discharge it fully and give it an overnight full charge and then see if it's still exhibiting the same behavior.

7. saberahul macrumors 68040

Mine lasts in pretty good shape... or did until I installed We Rule and turned on Push for everything possible. Lol.

8. WilliamG macrumors 604

15-20% is outrageous. You tried rebooting it? I only lose 1-2% overnight at most, and my iPad is jailbroken.

9. ks-man thread starter macrumors 6502a

I just did a reboot and am charging it fully. I'm going to start keeping stats to see how much it is losing.

Thanks for all of the suggestions.

10. ks-man thread starter macrumors 6502a

A quick update, there must have been a process running that wouldn't quit because the reboot seemed to fix my battery issues. Thanks for the help.