iPad battery life on 4.2.1

Discussion in 'iPad' started by AppleFan360, Nov 23, 2010.

1. AppleFan360 macrumors 68020

How is everyone's battery life doing since the upgrade? I have 64GB 3G and it seems to be sucking power a bit faster.

2. mock5120 macrumors newbie

My battery life is definitely suffering

I got on here to write a post if no one else had. My battery life is significantly less. I am following the same usage routine as I do every day, and today I am at 62% where I would normally be at around 80%.

3. Arnieaz macrumors member

Recalibrate

There was a similar thread on here dealing with one of the 4.x.x updates.
    The consensus was that a recalibrate (run down & recharge) brought every thing back to normal.:)

4. Sedulous macrumors 68000

Sedulous

I noticed this too. However, I did notice that the defaults for push and stuff had changed. So perhaps this is part of it too?

5. Ciclismo macrumors 6502a

Ciclismo

I think this^^ is sound advice. I have gone through a couple of cycles (I always wait until I have only 1-4% before I recharge) and have not noticed any battery performance issues.

6. Mostheinous, Nov 23, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2010

Mostheinous macrumors newbie

solution ?

I think i have the answer... i've been freaking out all day too. I typically get 10 hours of video play on a full charge, and today, my battery lasted about 5 hours.

Any chance you were trying out the new multi-task button? Did you increase the brightness? Like laptops, the LCD consumes the most power.

Try setting the brightness back to default, and guage your battery life again.

I'm gonna be testing this out the next couple days