iPad Battery Life

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by hthomas, Nov 9, 2010.

1. hthomas macrumors member

How is the iPad battery life compared to an iPhone? Is it best to treat the battery the same way you would treat an iphone or macbook?

fully charging it first. then once a month letting it die, recharge fully again?

2. donster28 macrumors 65816

Just use it and charge it when you want and when you can. Enjoy your iPad and don't worry about the battery much.

3. iphone1105 macrumors 68020

iphone1105

Thats not even really the way to do a callibration, but whatever

4. mKTank macrumors 68000

mKTank

Yeah let's not explain, let's just say "no ur wrong whatever" and walk away.

OP, what you calibrate is actually the battery indicator. You do it by, yes, using the iPad and letting it completely drain once a month. It's still not important anyway since the battery is Li-Ion.

5. LAS.mac macrumors 6502

Compared to iPhone, iPad has a HUGE battery duration. I have to recharge my iPhone once per day, if I make sort of heavy use (I mean, check e-mail at least 15 times, read/browse 30-60 minutes, use gps or maps for a total of 30-60 minutes). And in general this drains the battery in less than the whole day (I have a Mophie case with extended battery).
    The same usage but with iPad: at the end of the day I have 70% battery left.