All iPads iPad battery replacement - AppleCare

Discussion in 'iPad' started by JoeRito, Feb 9, 2015.

1. JoeRito macrumors 6502a

JoeRito

Anyone bring their iPad into an Apple Store near the end of your Apple care in order to change the battery and get some use out of this service that you paid for? Did it work even if your battery was still working pretty well? Any other ways to get something out of this service if you had no repairs?

2. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

They will most likely test the battery out before doing anything.

3. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

This. They will run a test on the battery. If the test says it is still "healthy" they will not replace it. I am not sure if there is an app you can download to tell you the health. Coconut battery on a mac can tell you the health, but I do not see that app for IOS.

4. Rodster macrumors 68040

They could make an exception with a higher than normal charge cycle count but typically as others have said they WILL test the battery and if it passes then they won't do anything. Tbh, the battery last a long time even if you do a full cycle charge everyday.

I use my iPad 2 daily and I have only used up around 150 cycles out of the 1000 maximum cycles.

5. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

Not always. I've had a couple cases where I've taken in an iOS device and they've run a test, and the battery passed but the genius swapped it out anyway because it was "near the borderline." So it looks like that have some leeway there.

If the battery is perfectly healthy, then there's obviously no reason to do the service anyway, but it doesn't hurt to bring it in an ask. The worst thing they can do is say no.