iPad Battery Replacement

Discussion in 'iPad' started by thomashw, Mar 11, 2011.

1. thomashw macrumors newbie

With Apple's battery replacement for the iPad, they just replace the iPad for $99. If you've got a 1st gen. iPad and the 2nd gen.'s are out, would they replace it with a 2nd gen.? I looked at the battery replacement and it doesn't indicate that you only have a certain amount of time before you can no longer get it replaced.

This is just theoretical. My battery is working fine. I'm not trying to screw over Apple or anything like that, I was just thinking about it and started to wonder.

2. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

They will never do this, you paid for a first generation iPad, that is what you will get in return.

If you are out of Warranty and did not purchase Apple Care, then Apple will charge you $99 to replace the battery (they will just give you another iPad), if your still under Warranty, then the replacement is free.

3. thomashw thread starter macrumors newbie

Alright, but what if someone tried to get their battery replaced 4 years from now? You think Apple will keep stock of the 1st gen iPad just for this reason? Would that not cost more than simply giving them a more recent iPad?

4. hlr element macrumors member

they have extra parts, and when they get returns, they're refurbed