Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Yankeesxd

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 2, 2010
well on the back of my ipad the silver part, the bottom right and bottom left feels a bit heavier then the top right and left. Can anyone check their ipad and tell me if this is normal? or is the battery swelling up?thanks guys

Ciclismo

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2010
Germany
Hmmm, my iPad feels balanced - if I put my finger in the middle of the Apple apple on the back it seems to balance around this point. But don't try this whilst standing, because if it doesn't balance then it's a long fall.

iSamurai

macrumors 65816
Nov 9, 2007
ɹǝpun uʍop 'ǝuɐqsı&#
Go to an apple store and compare their models against yours.

To be honest I think you're just thinking too much. If a dodgy battery swells up the chemicals inside are reacting with themselves. The volume expands. There is no additional mass input (conservation of mass) so there's no way it can get any heavier.

Unless it's reacting with oxygen which in that case your battery may probably... er... explode? Even if a dodgy battery does partially react with oxygen you're talking about minuscule amounts.

And even if it swells up it will not change the centre of mass of the iPad through deformation (to a large extent). Really.

Julien

macrumors G4
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta
Go to an apple store and compare their models against yours.

To be honest I think you're just thinking too much. If a dodgy battery swells up the chemicals inside are reacting with themselves. The volume expands. There is no additional mass input (conservation of mass) so there's no way it can get any heavier.

Unless it's reacting with oxygen which in that case your battery may probably... er... explode? Even if a dodgy battery does partially react with oxygen you're talking about minuscule amounts.

And even if it swells up it will not change the centre of mass of the iPad through deformation (to a large extent). Really.
STOP MAKING SENSE.:eek:

Yankeesxd

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 2, 2010
iPad Question

So i realized on the back of my ipod the left corner where the speaker is seems bigger then the right side. Is this normal? or is there something wrong with my battery? I just got my ipad few days ago so i just want to make sure can anyone confirm this? Thanks alot

Zazoh

macrumors 65832
Jan 4, 2009
San Antonio, Texas
Should be the same size.

As for your Title, this form is about iPad, so it is either a question or comment.

Why not this: Exterior Seems Warped ...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.