iPad battery usage monitor?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by plymman, Mar 17, 2011.

1. plymman macrumors member

I've just picked up a second hand first gen iPad and cant find the battery usage option in settings. My iPhone has a usage tab that shows how long it's been since it's last charge and how much use it has had. Has this been removed from the iPad or am I just looking in the wrong place?

If it's not available to me, is there an app that will do it (not one that just shows me a graphic of how much juice it thinks I have left). As this is second hand id like to get an idea on how good the battery life is and how quickly it is draining.

TIA.

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Do you have the 3G model or the wifi model? I don't think the wifi model has this as usage metrics are less needed.

3. plymman thread starter macrumors member

Just the wifi model. I guess that explains it, it's a bit annoying though as the battery seems to drain pretty quickly and I'm not getting the 10 odd hours I'd hoped, maybe that's just because I've been giving GarageBand and some of the korg music apps a hammering though.

Amazing bit of kit btw, very impressed even though a year ago I didn't see the point in it at all!

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

My battery drainage is on track for 10 hours of usage, so I'm not sure what to say. It could by that the apps you're using are more demanding causing the battery to drain at an accelerated rate, or perhaps if the iPad is a bit older, then the battery is isn't up to snuff at this point.

If you're really dissatisfied, take it to apple to get a new batter.

5. plymman thread starter macrumors member

I'm sure it's fine (ive been using it for 4 hours of writing today and it's only down to 85%). I'm just one of those people that love number crunching and stat watching!