[iPad] Best Video Player App

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Lazer90210, Mar 20, 2012.

1. Lazer90210 macrumors newbie

My brother has just purchased the new iPad and wanted to know what the best video player app was to play movies. I use VLC on my iPhone 4, but unfortunately it was withdrawn from the App Store and you can only get it from Cydia now. Seeing as there is not a public jaibreak for the new iPad yet, what is the best alternative available on the App Store to play video files. (AVI, MP4, MKV etc)

Also, is there a way to stream movies from the PC to be viewed over the iPad? If so, any ideas how?

2. Dukat macrumors regular

I picked up GoodPlayer a few days ago. Seems nice, has lots of connectivity options and the developer is active in the iPad Apps forum on this site.

3. Cord77 macrumors newbie

Checkout Airvideo, you'll be amazed at what it can do if you have a PC around to stream from (with a suitable processor for realtime transcoding).

4. Dukat macrumors regular

Tested streaming video from Windows shares via SMB to GoodPlayer. Worked great with standard avi's and 720p mkv's.