iPad black screen help plz

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by BillMc40, Nov 1, 2013.

1. BillMc40 macrumors member

My grandson turned the auto brightness all the way down. How do I get my screen back. I watched him do it could not say no fast enoug
    BillMc

2. dvboy macrumors regular

Even with it turned all the way down you should be able to hold it at an angle in a bright room and see enough to navigate through things to get through to the brightness setting.At least it was that way on my phone when I had a similar issue.

3. charlituna macrumors G3

charlituna

Auto brightness doesn't go to black. You have something else going on if you have black screen.

Hook it to a computer and make a backup and then erase it. Sounds like glitch software the erase will remove. Then restore that backup to get your stuff back

4. 53kyle macrumors 65816

53kyle

My iPod did the same thing, so I had to press the lock button to lock it, press it again to "turn on the screen," swipe from the bottom of the screen to access control center, and swipe like crazy everywhere I could and repeat over and over again until finally I got the brightness up.