iPad iPad blobs help please

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by sigooner, Sep 13, 2012.

1. sigooner macrumors member

Hi guys, I updated my iOS software to 5.1.1 then jailbroke my iPad a few months ago. However I haven't saved my blobs. Iv been having trouble doing this on my iPhone as well.

I'm worried, what will happen if I don't save my blobs and apple release iOS 6?

Please help guys,

Thanks

2. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Download TinyUmbrella and save them for all your iDevices

3. sigooner thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for your reply. Is there a step by step guide of how to do this?

4. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

5. sigooner thread starter macrumors member

6. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

7. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

8. sigooner thread starter macrumors member

Does anyone have a link the steps on how to save the blobs for each device? Thanks a lot, sorry im new to this bit

9. gngan macrumors 68000

gngan

Which word do you not understand?

Let me give you a little more detail. CONNECT YOUR IDEVICES WITH YOUR COMPUTER TOO WHEN YOU DO THIS.

It doesn't get easier than this.

10. sigooner thread starter macrumors member

Ok, do il just download tinyumbrella from google onto my laptop, then open it and save?

Thanks alot

----------

Thanks alot

11. TriJetHero, Sep 16, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2012

TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

12. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Sadly, I concur.
    You can tell from the thread starters responses he didn't even download the program and try to help himself. No wonder we get frustrated.

13. sigooner thread starter macrumors member

It's saying I am too late. I unticked 'request shsh from Cydia' but it says apple is not signing the blobs anymore?

14. labman macrumors 604

labman

Apple doesn't sign blobs! :rolleyes: Google search tinyUmbrella like you have been told! ;) but I agree with the others just restore it as new jailbreaking isn't for you.

15. sigooner, Sep 16, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2012

sigooner thread starter macrumors member

I have downloaded and installed tiny umbrella. I connected my iPad and iPhone. And then hit 'save shsh for device' but then on 'log' it says 'I am too late and that apple isn't signing the blobs anymore'

16. labman macrumors 604

labman

Worked fine for me on my 4S I just did it as easy as pie! I've never heard of Apple stop signing a firmware until after the updated firmware is released. if what your saying is right then if somebody needed to restore there device today they couldn't unless they had jailbroken it and saved there shsh blobs before. but in your case then it's to late and you are sol.

17. sigooner thread starter macrumors member

Basically I tried and got this message:

APPLE is NOT signing iPad31WIFI 5.1 (9B176) SHSH requests anymore. All you can do now is select CYDIA and hope that CYDIA has your SHSH saved. If not, there is nothing you can do.

I then went onto the advanced screen and ticked request shsh from Cydia. I then got the message Cydia does not have my blobs after I tried to save them again.

Wasn't that easy after all was it

18. labman macrumors 604

labman

19. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

yes indeed you are too late, Apple stopped signing 5.1 long ago when 5.1.1 came out, 5.1.1 is the latest iOS, with iOS 6 around the corner on wednesday.

Either update to 5.1.1 which you can still save or leave jailbreaking alone, i suggest the latter, it's not for everyone, if you don't know what you are doing or don't follow sound advice you might end up with an iphone or ipad which you can't restore or use.

20. sigooner thread starter macrumors member

I do know what I'm doing. Iv jailbroken in the past it's been fine. Iv never had to save the blobs myself until now, i used to do it thru cydia. and I read online there r several ways different to do it, eg iclaified etc so the reason for this thread was to ask for the simplest.

When you say update to ios5.1.1, my iPad and iPhone are both ios5.1.1 (not 5.1) jailbroken. That's what I don't understand why it's not saving when my iOS is ios5.1.1!!!

On my tinyumbrella, i don't understand because it has actually created a file for me in 'saved shsh' for both my iPad and iPhone when I hit save shsh, so why does it keep giving me th error message. Has it saved or not?!

21. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

Look in the main tab, it should give a list of saved SHSH's.

What you are looking at is the log, TU can only save SHSH's for currently signed firmware, that is the reason you get the error for 5.1

22. sigooner, Sep 17, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2012

sigooner thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for your reply. So does this mean my shsh blobs have been saved?? As it says my ipad and iphone are on that list. Was I supposed to tick the 'request from cydia' option on the advanced tab? Before saving?

Thanks

23. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

It is too late to save 5.1 hashes.

Currently you can save 5.1.1 hashes.

Also, a new version of TU was just released, so the 6.0 betas can also be saved.

24. sigooner thread starter macrumors member

ok, just to be clear - i connected iphone 5.1.1 and ipad 5.1.1 both jailbroken to my laptop and clicked save on tinyumbrella website which i downlaoded yesterday (im guessing new version?), with the 'request from cydia', UNTICKED.

i do have the files on the main screen telling me they are saved. but on the advanced tab, as i said above, it says im too late for 5.1

iv checked various websites on google and the link provided above, and i think i have them saved on tinyumbrella (even tho it said i am too latE). am i right?

i realise this is tedious for u experts but im new to this part and with the up and coming ios6, just worried i havent done it in time