iPad blocked with Apple logo and doesn't boot

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by thegalate, Jan 26, 2013.

1. thegalate macrumors newbie

I Guys,

My iPad 2 (iOS 6.01) doesn't boot. It displays the Apple Logo and does nothing else. The only way I found to switch it off is to hold the Home button and the Power button for seconds

I tried to do a restore from iTunes, the restore was done correctly without any problem. But at the end of the process the iPad is rebooting .. and doesn't actually reboot, the Apple logo appears and disappears, all the time until I hold again the Home button and the Power one.

I think the battery is probably empty and then the device hasn't enought energy to fully start.The problem is that when I plug it into energy plug, the Apple logo appears and nothing else appends and I'm not sure it is charging
    The only way to switch it off and maybe make sure it is charging is again to use the Home and Power button but the Apple logo is re-displayed after a couple of seconds when the device is plugged to the energy outlet.

I cannot use my iPad... it is actually blocked.

Guys, if you have a solution, don't hesitate to tell me how I should proceed.

David

2. rworne macrumors 6502

My iPad 2 used to crash while using Navigon. It would take forever to restart itself... like 30 minutes or more.

I'd plug it in to the AC adapter, turn it on and let it sit for a few hours or overnight before writing it off.

3. DyslexicKobe macrumors newbie

iPad blocked with Apple logo and doesn't boot

Follow this article for tips:http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3694

I would make sure I try another USB port and then put device in DFU MODE.
    -Plug your iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad into your Mac or Windows PC and make sure iTunes is running.
    -Hold down both the Sleep Button (on top of your device) and the Home Button (on the front underneath the screen).
    -Keep them both held down from about 10 seconds. (If you see the Apple logo, you've held them too long and will need to start again.)
    -Let go of the Sleep Button but keep holding the Home Button for about 5 seconds. (If you see the "Plus into iTunes" screen than you held it too long and will need to start again.)
    -If the screen stays black, that's it! Your iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad should now be in DFU mode.

iTunes should recognize the device in recovery mode. Make sure when restoring your device you restore as new and not from previous back up because its possible the back up is corrupted.

Good luck!