Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cfs

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 8, 2008

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
I can't write with any authority about the standard iPad and accompanying keyboards as I have an iPad mini.

However, when I bought the mini (as a refurb around two months ago), I also bought a Logitech Ultrathin keyboard to accompany it, on the recommendation of a colleague, as I wanted a proper keyboard, and don't wish to use a touchscreen when writing anything. The Logitech is well made, (of metal), folds nicely, looks good, and is very solid and completely compatible with the iPad mini.

cfs

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 8, 2008
I can't write with any authority about the standard iPad and accompanying keyboards as I have an iPad mini.

However, when I bought the mini (as a refurb around two months ago), I also bought a Logitech Ultrathin keyboard to accompany it, on the recommendation of a colleague, as I wanted a proper keyboard, and don't wish to use a touchscreen when writing anything. The Logitech is well made, (of metal), folds nicely, looks good, and is very solid and completely compatible with the iPad mini.

Thanks. I will keep this in mind but I am looking for something a bot wider and not so cramped. Thanks.

CFS

oldhifi

macrumors 65816
Jan 12, 2013
USA
Hi All,

I am on the search for a bluetooth keyboard for my iPad. I already have a case I like so I am not looking for one in a folio. Also, I would like one that is wider than the iPad. Preferably the size of the bluetooth Apple Keyboards or bigger. Here is what I am looking at:

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Wire...003884/dp/B007VL8Y2C/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

http://www.amazon.com/Anker®-Blueto...1376356860&sr=1-12&keywords=wireless+keyboard

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005L38VRU

I have the Logitech 760 workin with my Mac Mini, works well

cfs

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 8, 2008
I have the Logitech 760 workin with my Mac Mini, works well

Are the keys spaces reasonably well? Meaning, are they more spread out than one would find on an iPad clamshell?

Thanks,

CFS

fark

macrumors regular
Aug 13, 2013
Are the keys spaces reasonably well? Meaning, are they more spread out than one would find on an iPad clamshell?

Why not just buy a standard bt keyboard since the fact you will use it with an iPad is irrelevant?

cfs

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 8, 2008
At the risk of stating the obvious, how about the apple wireless keyboard?

Ha. I know right?. I was about to pull the plug but then I noticed that some had solar power and I was drawn to those for the benefits.

CDs

Commy1

macrumors 6502a
Feb 25, 2013
I was about to mention the Apple keyboard, but I see your point on the solar power, that is incredibly handy.
Afraid to say but for the sake of ergonomics and functionality, I recommend the Apple Bluetooth keyboard + Origami.
I myself am using the Zagg Profolio+ while on the go but switch between screen keyboard and Apple wireless keyboard while at my desk.

STEVEMS2305

macrumors newbie
Sep 26, 2010
NYC
i have and use the Apple wireless keyboard. I like it because I can also use on my IPhone if I am stuck having to type a long email in the IPhone.....

sracer

macrumors G4
Apr 9, 2010
where hip is spoken
I was about to mention the Apple keyboard, but I see your point on the solar power, that is incredibly handy.
Afraid to say but for the sake of ergonomics and functionality, I recommend the Apple Bluetooth keyboard + Origami.
I myself am using the Zagg Profolio+ while on the go but switch between screen keyboard and Apple wireless keyboard while at my desk.
If having a larger keyboard is a requirement, the Apple BT keyboard+Origami is the thing. When I have the luxury of toting my iPad in my backpack, I use that combo. When it is the iPad alone, I use the Logitech Ultrathin Keyboard Cover.

esskay

macrumors 6502
Jan 3, 2008
Ha. I know right?. I was about to pull the plug but then I noticed that some had solar power and I was drawn to those for the benefits.

CDs

Neat feature, but the batteries in my wireless keyboards seem to last forever anyway! Not that I have much sunlight near my desk anyway... :/

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.