iPad broken?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Lmayhew19, Oct 17, 2011.

1. Lmayhew19 macrumors newbie

I brought my iPad from Argos about 2 months ago, and I've just cracked the screen, is there any chance Argos will replace it. Or will I have to pay for a replacement?

2. Dangerous Theory macrumors 68000

Can't see Argos having anything to do with it, but you can always try an Apple store. I've heard several stories of people being offered a '1 time only' replacement even after dropping their iPads.

3. musika macrumors 65816

musika

4. awair macrumors regular

Try asking for a "battery replacement" - I believe that the charge is $99 and comes with a new/re-conditioned machine!

5. poloponies macrumors 68030

FYI:

"Note: Your iPad is not eligible for Battery Replacement Service if the product has been damaged, for example, as result of an accident, liquid contact, disassembly, unauthorized service or unauthorized modifications, or if the product is not operating correctly as a result of a component failure. Please review Apple's Repair Terms and Conditions for further details."

6. AlkFoo macrumors member

If you bought it with your AMEX... you have 90 days of accidental, stolen, etc... coverage. Worked out great for me... Sent them back my ipad 2 and upon recieving it, credited me back the full amount (without taxes).

I got a new one that day!