iPad browser

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by Stirolak123, Sep 15, 2010.

1. Stirolak123 macrumors 6502

Is there a way to make it on safari for the pages to not reload every time when switching between tabs?

2. BaronStein macrumors regular

You might want to try Atomic Web Browser, it has tabs and some other cool features. I usually use Safari but sometimes like when you need tabs, it is wonderful.

3. JulianL macrumors 65816

Why do you usually use Safari? I use iCab myself but Atomic is just as good I think. I use iCab all the time which is why I'm asking the question. I'm wondering if I'm missing benefits of Safari that iCab and Atomic can't replicate.

- Julian

4. dws90 macrumors regular

The main benefit of Safari is that it syncs bookmarks with the desktop version via MobileMe. I don't believe any of the other iOS browsers can do that.

5. JulianL macrumors 65816

Ah. That makes perfect sense. Thanks. I'm not a MobileMe user so that doesn't affect me. In fact one of the things that I found quite satisfying when I got my iPad was starting with an empty set of bookmarks on my device and only adding the ones I really wanted. Admittedly I have the xmarks app and web site to fall back on if I really need to get to an old infrequently used bookmark and since I do it so infrequently it doesn't bother me that it's a pretty clumsy process to do it but I realise that having all one's bookmarks available is crucial to many people.

- Julian

6. Stirolak123 thread starter macrumors 6502

Is there any advantage of the full version over the light?

7. Stirolak123 thread starter macrumors 6502

Probably because it's at least better than Microsoft explored w which sucks and competes with it?

8. JulianL macrumors 65816

I think we might be misunderstanding each other here. MS Explorer isn't available on the iPad so I don't understand your answer.

I was asking why you don't use Atomic all the time on the iPad. If you have incompatible web sites then I think that it's possible to set Atomic to lie about the user agent and pretend to be Safari so, if you like Atomic, I'm trying to understand the reason for ever using Safari. MobileMe sync of bookmarks is one reason that has already been pointed out.

[ edit - I now see that it was BaronStein that I was asking and not you so never mind. ]

- Julian