All iPads iPad Buying Advice

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Lunarstone, May 7, 2013.

1. Lunarstone macrumors newbie

I can't decide between the iPad Mini and the iPad.

The only deciding factor I can't decide on are the screen sizes.

Here's my current setup: I've got a 21.5" iMac, a 13" Macbook Air and an iPhone.

One side of the argument would be that since I've already got a 13" MBA, it would be redundant to get the full sized iPad and I should get the mini instead especially since both iPads aren't that good at productivity when compared against the MBA.

I'm currently in college where my college is focused a lot on making presentation slides (to be done using the MBA) and group work but I would like the iPad to be a great home device too. Main uses I foresee would be note taking and note reading (when presenting slides), general web browsing and sharing the screen with group members.

Since I've got the 13" MBA, I want to get an iPad that would complement the 13" MBA perfectly and yet be quite capable on its own (for situations where the MBA would be overkill or too cumbersome).

Whichever iPad model, I'll be getting the wifi only with the iPhone's hotspot.

Thanks a lot guys! :)

2. Bear macrumors G3

Presuming the size and weight do not matter, then what you need to do is go in to a store and play with both.

Try different things... Web browsing. Use the Notes app to enter text on both. etc.

For what it's worth, the way I use mine, the iPad mini is the right size. However, everyone has different wants and needs, so go with what is best for you.