All iPads iPad buying advice

Discussion in 'iPad' started by luke300586, Aug 20, 2013.

1. luke300586 macrumors newbie

Hi all,

i'm looking to buy a iPad Mini or the new Retina, but cannot decide what one to buy!

I'm not bothered about the screen quality so my options are open

I will be using it for on the couch viewing YouTube from time to time along with Facebook and basic internet browsing and in the car and to take it on holiday and when I visit London the odd time for the train journey,

I thought about the Mini but im not sure if the screen would be to small for viewing YouTube and I thought I might stick out and the larger one might get in the way, what one do you guys think is best for my needs?

Thanks in advance

2. ramram55 macrumors 6502

Go to an apple store and compare the two, see which one suits you the best.

3. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

You do realize that a product refresh is expected sometime this fall, right?

4. firedept macrumors 603

firedept

I have both. Both are great, but as I am older and my eye sight is not what it used to be, The iPad 4 is my preferred choice. The mini is great as well, but I find myself enlarging everything when I need to read. I also prefer the retina when watching a movie, like the larger screen size.

The only other difference is the weight. The mini is easy to hold for long periods, but the retina is heavier, so I usually let it sit in my lap. Now with the iPad 5, if the size is smaller, then the weight may not be important anymore.

5. Ih8reno macrumors 65816

Ih8reno

I'd wait if I were you. Should be new ipads in a couple months.

6. Robster3 macrumors 68000

7. MandyAW92 macrumors member

Wait, there should be new versions of both of these devices in the next couple of months

8. mtneer macrumors 68020

mtneer

As others have said wait for the new refresh to show up - even if you are happy with the current models for your purposes, you can pick them up at significant discounts.

9. L T macrumors 6502

L T

I'm quite happy to view video on my iPhone so an iPad mini suits me fine for media consumption. Plus I know I'm not going to have to do any real work on my iPad mini having a MacBook so the small screen doesn't hinder me there either.

I also don't mind the screen quality, yes you can see the pixels, but who cares!

Also, whenever I grab one of my families iPad 2's it feels huge, bulky, heavy. Much prefer the mini!

I'd wait for the product refresh either way.