iPad buying help!

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by kyleyeh1, May 1, 2013.

1. kyleyeh1 macrumors newbie

hi all i just sold my ipad 2 and was looking for an upgrade! I was looking at the Ipad 3 and 4. I dont mind shelling out the extra cash for the 4 if its that much better than the 3. I want to watch anime on my ipad ideally (is running mkvs even possible on ipad?). So i was just asking for your guys opinions on storage size and model! all help is appreciated! thanks so much :D

2. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

Not to be rude, but only YOU know what your particular needs are. You HAD an ipad so you are familiar with the device. A one generation upgrade to a 3 makes no sense, so I'd recommend the most recent version which will have longer support. There are a number of articles/opinions out ther if you search "what ipad do I need" such as this:

http://www.macworld.com/article/2013123/which-ipad-should-i-buy.html

3. DesertEagle macrumors 6502a

DesertEagle

The iPad 4 IS worth the extra cash.

If you're going to keep a lot of video files on it, you have to choose storage space accordingly.

.mkv-files can't be played on the iPad, you will have to remux to m4v/mp4.

4. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Not true. Just get one of the many video playing apps that can play mkv files.

5. Sammmmmy macrumors newbie

Actually, ipad 3 or ipad 4 both meet the requirement you need. Just pick the one you like.

6. tazz3 macrumors regular

i just got an ipad 4 Refurbished from apple. check these out also