iPad calendar event repeat times - any way to improve?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Piggie, Nov 7, 2010.

1. Piggie macrumors 604

Piggie

I'm wondering if there is any way to solve this problem.

Basically the iPad calendar has terrible event repeat times, or should I say very limited event times that Means I have to connect to my PC and use outlook to set a more accurate repeat.

Just this morning I gave our cat some worming drops which are supposed to repeat every 3 months. I entered the event into the ipads calendar so I would be reminded, but I can't set a 3 week reminder, only a 1 month reminder.

So I will have to sync to outlook where I can set up far better reminder times.

In outlook I can set massively more detailed and varied event reminder times that I can on the iPad, and the iPad will remember all these more detailed reminder times, yet as I said above I cannot set them on the iPad in the 1st place due to the limitations in the calendar App itself.

Is there any way round this as seems a bit stupid to have to sync just to set a event reminder repeat time accurately?

Thanks

2. TraceyS/FL macrumors 68040

Pocket informant is what I use.....

Which isn't a solution, but go leave feedback at apple.com/feedback that yup want more robust calendar features.

3. Piggie thread starter macrumors 604

Piggie

Thanks.

Though I don't suppose Apple would listen to me :(

Actually I don't know how detailed the reminder repeat options are on the iMac compared to the ones in Outlook on the PC, which seem to cover almost any reminder combination.

Seen strange that the iPad calendar seems able to handle all the setting I give it from Outlook though even though it can't set it itself.
    Just a shame it's been dumbed down a bit too much on the iPad

Hopefully they may expand it's settings possibilities in the next revision?

4. TraceyS/FL macrumors 68040

This is the "official" way to feature request, so if you don't go leave it, then they may never consider it. At least doing it, you know you did your part!

I was surprised on my Touch how stupid the calendar was, i can from using DateBk6 on my Palm. That would be why i took the leap to Pocket Informant, i needed more out of it and couldn't wait for Apple.

With 4.2 they will gain the ability to write directly to the cal on the iPad, so I'm going to assume that Apple wants 3rd parties to do this for them?

Anyway, you warrant alone... I expected more and keep being disappointed.

5. Appiplayer macrumors newbie

Custom repeat and custom alarm

We just released an app called Calendar Tools. It adds more functionality to the iPhone Calendar. For example, the app can customize your repeating rules and alerts to what you want. It also has many other features, such as saving birthday or anniversary to any calendar; copying events from one date to another.

Here is the app store link.
    http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/calendar-tools/id438197022?mt=8

6. DNL macrumors newbie

Thanks for the info. Do you have a lite or ad version? Although Apple featured your app, I would still like to try a free version first.

7. kend0g187 macrumors newbie