Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rmm1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 9, 2010
I have just noticed that the ipad will only search backwards one year. Is there a setting that I can change so that it searches my claendar indefinitely?

Seems rather strange unless I am doing something wrong.

Spotlight is a great feature but the 1 year limit is a pity.

antiprotest

macrumors 601
Apr 19, 2010
Have you tried Settings > Mail... > (scroll down to) Calendar? Or does that not apply?

rmm1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 9, 2010
Settings Mail does not apply - that was the first thing I looked at.

I don't use iCal - the data was imported from outlook . The outlook calendar allows indefinite searches. Just a pity that the search is so limited but yet it is a much faster search system than on the PC.

rmm1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 9, 2010
Looks like we may have found a bug or a shortcoming of the Calendar and search feature. I'll try and call Apple about this.

nicegoogly

macrumors regular
Jan 23, 2008
When the iPhone added search, it has always been only search back one year. If you go back to a year earlier, it will search a year prior to that. On the Mac it searches all dates. iPhone has always had this limitation.

rmm1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 9, 2010
Yes I just called Applecare and they suggested I log it in feedback - done.

rmm1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 9, 2010
Almost a year after I had posted this message - there is still no solution to not being able to search beyond a year? don;y apple people want a facility past a year? This appears to be a marked shortcoming of the CALENDAR. The reason I am still staying with my PALM.

surely it could not be a difficult thing to fix. or is this the only way they can make the searches faster. I would prefer functionality over speed.

nicegoogly

macrumors regular
Jan 23, 2008
Almost a year after I had posted this message - there is still no solution to not being able to search beyond a year? don;y apple people want a facility past a year? This appears to be a marked shortcoming of the CALENDAR. The reason I am still staying with my PALM.

surely it could not be a difficult thing to fix. or is this the only way they can make the searches faster. I would prefer functionality over speed.

This is a pain. One of the reasons I held on to my PALM for as long as I did while using an iPhone for the last four years. One solution if you use google calendar, go to their website (if you mobile, best if with the ipad) switch to desktop mode and you can pull searches with different foci. Yes, I used foci. Hahahahahahaha!

Crispyds

macrumors newbie
Oct 6, 2013
Still not fixed even with the new iOS 7 update. Unbelievable! I went ahead and left them feedback – not that it's going to matter.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.