iPad Calendar Won't Sync

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by mic j, Oct 25, 2013.

1. mic j macrumors 68030

After updating to Mavericks, you cannot sync calendars and contacts through iTunes, only iCloud (a feature?). So I set up my iCloud, have the Calendar and Contacts stored in iCloud. I then connected the iPad through USB, hit sync but nothing updates. Any suggestions on what setting I might try to get the iPad to sync to the iCloud Calendar?

2. mic j thread starter macrumors 68030

Solved!! (sort of)

I should have mentioned that I was trying to sync my wife's iPad. She also has an iPhone. She had her own iCloud acct on the iPad which she was signed into (that was the one I couldn't get to sync). I added my iClouc acct with it's sync calendar and that would sync with her iPad.

Unfortunately, it resulted in double entries, which I can hide by selecting certain calendars.

If anyone has any suggestions on how to efficiently keep calendars/contacts from 2 different people (one on a mac, the other on an iPad and iPhone) in sync using iCloud, I would be very appreciative. Right now it seems like a mish-mosh of iCloud accounts that will be a nightmare to keep straight.