iPad Camera Adapter and iPhone 6 Plus

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by callea, Sep 14, 2014.

1. callea macrumors regular

callea

Does someone know if they are finally compatible?
    I'd like to transfer photos from may DSLR to iPhone, it should be a very important feature for me.

2. Ayr macrumors 6502

Yeah, I'd like to be able to move files from cameras/GoPro to the 6 too. Maybe some sort of microSD card and App combination can handle it?

So far I didn't see anything and in general iOS isn't file transfer friendly so not getting my hopes up for a simple solution.

3. callea thread starter macrumors regular

callea

It's possible with iPads through Camera Adapter accessory.
    So it's a shame that it isn't compatible with iPhone.

I hope in iPhone 6 Plus.

4. richlin71 macrumors newbie

I got a iPhone 6 Plus 128GB expecting to be able to load/edit gopro videos and was bummed to find out the camera connection kit doesn't work with iPhones. So annoying.

5. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

Works with the iPad but not phone. Also not good for saving your photos as it "optimizes" the images before storing them on your iPad.

6. Alimar macrumors 6502a

Alimar

iTunes Sync

I create a folder of DSLR photos, and sync that folder to my iPhone in iTunes.

7. mightyjabba macrumors 65816

mightyjabba

I have an AirStash, which is basically a wifi-enabled memory card reader. Works okay for getting photos off a camera's memory card, and can also be used for streaming video, etc.

8. zorinlynx macrumors 601

zorinlynx

I found this thread while searching for this issue, and just have to wonder...

Is this a technical limitation, or is Apple artifically keeping the camera connection kit from working with iPhones? The phones use the same CPUs and architecture as the iPads, so I'm thinking this must be the case?

What motivation does Apple have to keep us from copying photos from our cameras to our phones? It makes no sense.