iPad + Camera Connection Kit Imports

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Lightey, May 19, 2012.

1. Lightey macrumors regular

So far, I've been very satisfied with my iPad 3rd generation, and it's become my main mobile computing device, with all of the heavy work done on my iMac. The only thing keeping me back from using it full time is the limited imports off of the Camera Connection Kit. On my Sony Handycam HDR-CX12, the photos and videos are kept in separate folders on the card. The Camera Connection Kit only reads the photo folder and not the video one. Is there anyway to get the iPad to import video as well? Maybe through a 3-party app, or by changing the camera's settings?

2. Drag'nGT macrumors 68000

Drag'nGT

Are yountrying to import the video to iMovie?

3. Lightey thread starter macrumors regular

No, just to the camera roll to view them.

4. noteple macrumors 65816

noteple

This thing is a camcorder not a camera and doesnt it use Sony Memory Stick Duo Pro flash media.

Not really an SD card.

You might be able to do an import using the camera dock if you have one and a USB cable but thats a stretch.

5. Lightey thread starter macrumors regular

That's what I was trying to do, but it's not importing the video, only the photos.

6. Drag'nGT macrumors 68000

Drag'nGT

I own the HDR-CX12 and you have to use that stupid dock to plug it in to a computer. I'm gonna be swamped until tomorrow evening but if I have time I'll plug mine in and see what it does.

I don't have iMovie so I can't say whether iMovie is set to look for video files while iPhoto (this I have) is set to look for photo files or what. I was hoping someone else would chime in and say whether that's how it's set up or not.

7. Dav1 macrumors 6502

If you move your videos into the photo folder your iPad will import them :) provided they are in a format that the iPad understands...

8. technosinner macrumors newbie

technosinner

Having the same unfortunate issue with my HDR-PJ10. The problem seems to be the video format; the iPad doesn't digest the video format used by AVCHD cams I think... that being said I haven't tried playing with the camcorders video settings as my vids were already recorded, but maybe something in there could be tweaked to work...?