iPad + Camera Kit + USB Mic for recording?

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by firewood, Apr 30, 2010.

1. firewood macrumors 604

Has anyone tried the combination of an iPad plus a high quality USB microphone (maybe something like a Audio-Technica AT2020) for high quality recording?

The iPad Camera Connection kit is reported to allow this for some USB mics.

2. FloatingBones macrumors 65816

FloatingBones

Yes. Andy Ihnatko is using his iPad with his Blue Microphone Yeti USB Mic. He has voice and ukelele audio samples on his website.

3. Nikon3k macrumors newbie

Samson CO1U

I just tried my Samson C01U mic in the USB camera kit for the iPad. The mic worked fine but I noticed that the inbuilt mic was still working, has anyone else noticed this?

After trying this I plugged in a 1/4" to USB guitar lead, that worked fine for recording and the inbuilt mic was turned off. So I guess that some of the USB mics must be wired differently

I tried a USB Apple keyboard but this didn't work either, same with 3 types of USB storage.

Tim.

4. cleanup macrumors 68030

cleanup

My Audio-Technica AT2020 USB worked fine. iPad internal mic wasn't functional.

5. Davo123 macrumors newbie

USB storage

Tim thanks good tip re sansom, re usb storage you need to create a DCIM root folder on your usb memory then you can read files.0, I have only tried pictures and videos but you may be able to store/transfer other file types
    A bluetooth wireless keyboard works ok I am using an apple version
    Cheers dave