iPad Camera Kit with iPhone?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by hitekalex, Apr 7, 2011.

1. hitekalex macrumors 68000

hitekalex

Does anyone know of any hack that allows iPad Camera Kit (SD adapter) to be used with iPhone4? Trying to inset SD/USB adapter in iPhone normally results in "non-supported accessory" error. I wonder if there is any way around that.

2. MaxBurn macrumors 65816

MaxBurn

Not that i saw, looked a while back. Would really like to be able to read memory sticks with ifile.

3. hitekalex thread starter macrumors 68000

hitekalex

Me too.. I heard someone say if the SD card is low-powered enough (under 10ma) - it should work with iPhone.

Don't want to drop $30 on a camera kit, unless I know I can make it work with iPhone!

4. mainomega macrumors 6502

I tried the SD reader and it didn't work. I mean, the iphone needs to have the import capabilities for it photo app... something I don't think is enabled.
    I love how easy it is on the iPad though.

5. hitekalex thread starter macrumors 68000

hitekalex

Well, that's why I am posting this in "hacks" subforum. If iPhone can mount the SD card at the file system level - something like iFile should be able to read it and copy the files.. regardless of whether the stock Photos App supports it or not.

6. MaxBurn macrumors 65816

MaxBurn

Back when i was looking into this i dont think the iphone even had the directory there where it would mount the usb/flash drive.

Sounds like it would be possible to copy the functionality from the ipad but i dont think anyone with the talent has caught interest yet.