iPad can be mounted on the desktop!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by rorschach, Jan 27, 2010.

1. rorschach macrumors 68020

rorschach

Per the Dev Center:

[​IMG]

2. TraceyS/FL macrumors 68040

I beg of developers - use this to separate app data from the actual app if you can.... :D

3. budselectjr macrumors 6502a

So you can save files to a directory on the ipad?

4. rorschach thread starter macrumors 68020

rorschach

I'm pretty sure what it means is that the developer has to support it, but if they do they can let you drag and drop files directly from your computer and they'll show up in the app. Like, if Stanza did it you'll be able to drag PDFs onto the iPad on the desktop and they'll appear in the app.

5. TraceyS/FL macrumors 68040

I"m thinking - please have scores for games be portable between devices so i don't have to listen to my kids complain about having to start over on their Peggle levels :D

But overall, I much prefer the portable PDB type of file the palm had.

I need to restore my Touch - but i have one app that doesn't have a way to restore. Because it has some historical data i need for doctors, i'm not keen. But if i could just drop that data back in easily - i'd be restored.

And never mind all the cyberduck and other sharing stuff i'm doing for OTHER apps!

6. The Man macrumors 6502

Hope this functionality will be carried over to iPhone and iPod touch. It's such a drag right now to carry over documents from those devices to your computer and vice versa. And developers constantly have to implement their own way of doing it via wifi. So come on, please give us iPhone OS 3.2.